Saturday, March 19, 2011

My prayer journal

Dear God,
Please help me to use this prayer journal as an inspiration and a guide.  As I open my thoughts to You, please help me to also open my heart to the guidance that You are sharing.  Please use me in a way that I am best suited, even if it is not the way I expected to go.
Thank You for the many blessings You have bestowed upon me.  Thank You for my family and help me to have the patience they need so I can help to guide them in Your love.  Thank You for providing us with a home and the means to maintain it.  Please give me the courage to face each day and every challenge with Your strength and determination.  Please help me to see through Your vision so that I do not become so easily overwhelmed by the mundane things that clutter my home, my heart and my life.  Thank You for allowing me the use of so much during my short time on this earth and help me to remember to care for all that I have in a way that reflects the knowledge that I am only keeping money and possessions on loan from You and it is my job to maintain the earthly garden.  Thank You for the friends who bless my days and support me in my struggles.  Please help me be a window through which they can see the light of Your love and a warm embrace that shows them the true warmth of Your grace.  Help me to not take pride in accomplishments as my own, as we both know that I am capable of so very little on my own.
Thank You for the gift of my life on this earth.  Thank You for all that You have given me and help me to appreciate the physical body that You have provided.  Thank You for Your love and patience as I struggle to become more worthy of all You do for me.
Love, Ericka

No comments: