Friday, July 15, 2011

Ungrateful

Click here to read about the day that inspired this prayer.

Dear God,

I am sorry that I have not been more grateful.  Please forgive me for losing sight of my blessings because of a little bobble in my plans.

I DO miss Ash something fierce.  Thank You for letting me know that she is safe and healthy.  Thank you  for the loving spirit you have given her, and that she calls us when she is excited.  Thank You for Melissa and Dee who love her and for all that they are doing for her this summer, even if their motives are not pure.  Thank You for taking those things that were intended to harm Dan and I and for turning them to the good for Ash.

I was really hoping to get at least an interview for that EastLake job.  I was so excited for the possibility of that opportunity.  Thank You for moving me to apply and grow.  Forgive me for losing sight of Your goals over my wants.  Forgive me for not trusting in Your perfect plan for me.  Please help me to see my next steps on the path You have laid out for me.

Thank You for the blessing of holiday pay that allowed us to go to McDonald's for dollar menu and ice cream.  Forgive me for placing so much importance on unhealthy food choices that it could make me cry, when I should have asked for Your comfort.  Please help me to move past this issue I have with food.  Help me to discover if this is an addiction, and if so, what do I need to do to free myself of it.  Thank You for the wonderfully loving and supportive family You have surrounded me with at EastLake.

Lord, help me to see my blessings first and foremost.  Getting caught up in the negatives is not in Your plan.  I know that when those thoughts creep in, I am tuned in to the wrong station.

Help me to focus on tasks that I need to accomplish so that I can avoid distractions and irrational fears. Guide me through challenging phone calls and tasks so that I can get them done and out of the way.  Help me be motivated to get those kinds of jobs finished so that I can enjoy my family time without guilt.

Amen

No comments: